'Chartering bareboat' is the nautical equivalent of 'trekking without a guide'. A bareboat charter without a local professional skipper means that you will skipper the yacht with some help from your crew, and you will be the person in charge in port or at sea until the check-out.
Bareboat rentals in Greece require onboard one (1) valid offshore sailing certificate from one competent and experienced skipper, and from a second experienced in sailing person a signed official declaration on spot, proving his knowledge to sail offshore a sailing boat (or catamaran) under sails.
Bareboat rentals: Ordinary chartering procedure steps
- Check-in and Check-out of yacht (delivery - redelivery).
- Refundable security deposit by credit card or by cash.
- Running extra costs: fuel, boat water, port-fee, end cleaning, cabin linen.
- A charter party needs to be signed between the contracting parties (official doc). It is your responsibility to read it carefully. Bareboat agreement
- Information regarding the local sailing conditions will be provided from 'Sun-Sailing'. How to charter, Our Yacht fleet.
2024 - Our chartering periods:
D: May & October. - C: June & Sept. - B: July. - A: August.