'Sailing Holidays' is a unique experience in total cohesion with nature. It allows you to discover multiple dream locations accessible only by the sea and without ever changing your housing! This is the only way for visiting 4-5 islands in comfort in the week.
How to Charter a Yacht in Greece
Skippered? Bareboat? Crewed? Cabin? Naturist?
Yacht charter & booking conditions
Sailboat rentals in Greece, first steps:
- 1)First determine size, model & accommodation of yacht and departure / return ports.
- 2) You have also determine exact dates of your cruise duration (Saturday to Saturday).
- 3) Will you need a skipper or you are competent and qualified to sail a yacht?
Standard conditions for a bareboat yacht charter.
- Any sailboat rental in Greece with or without local skipper is always a 'bareboat rental’, so you have to cover the additional costs like gasoil, boat water, port fee, final cleaning, and leave a refundable guarantee deposit (when skippered sometimes it is reduced or not requested).
Choice 1. Crewed yacht with permanent crew:
- NO requirements. Luxury vessels with permanent crew, at least one captain and one hostess. Private luxury cruise for motor yachts, or MotorSailers. Full board or half board yacht chartering. Navigation limits for motor boats: 6 Beauforts.
Choice 2. Bareboat yacht with a local skipper
- Desired: 1 certificate (if any) or 1 signed declaration proving some sailing practice, or nothing. A skippered yacht charter means that you hire a local skipper and you remain the second skipper. This will relieve you of responsibilities for the yacht & navigation, ensures carefree sailing holidays and a 24hour guide on board. So, you can participate as you would like, but also you can turn your attention to being closer with your family or friends. The local skipper will take care of you and of your rental boat. User-friendly navigation, best choice for families. Most of times no guaranty deposit requested or it is limited. A skipper will cost ±150-190€/day, a hostess (±120-150€/day). The skipper will not clean or do groceries, but a hostess will. No check-in, no check-out.
Choice 3. Bareboat yacht without a local skipper
- Requirements: 2 valid sailing certificates, or 1 certificate and 1 signed declaration (on spot) proving knowledge for handling a sailboat. 'Bareboating' is the nautical equivalent of 'trekking' without a guide. A bareboat yacht charter means that you will skipper the yacht with the help of your crew. You remain the person in charge in port or at sea until the return of the yacht at the base. Bareboats do best when there is some role in the team. Security deposit by credit card or cash. Check-in and check-out. Bareboat charter-party.
4. Cabin charter with a local skipper +half board
- Desired: 1 certificate (if any) or 1 signed declaration proving a sailing practice (or nothing). This is the easiest way to enjoy hands on sailing without the hassle of complicated advanced of charter planning. You are chartering a double cabin or a single berth with 'half board’ services on board. Best choice for singles, couples and small groups of friends. You share the same boat with others with same interests as you and you are following a pre-fixed sailing schedule. No responsibility on navigation.
5. Chartering one way cruise
- Choosing one way cruise from one charter base to another, you will be able to move more away. Also one way cruise downwind gives you a longer range and is usually more comfortable than a windward beat. Additional fee for covering the way back of the yacht (skipper’s fee, fuel, tickets), unless it is proposed in advance as 'transfer boat charter' between 2 charter bases.
Booking procedure, confirmation, charter-party
- Once has been agreed your yacht choice and final rental amount, the yacht will be on hold for your dates. To ensure hold dates an initial deposit (35% -100% depending on early or late booking date) is required within the next 3-4 business days in order your rental to be confirmed. Balances must be received in total 40 days prior embarkation date, or otherwise agreed. An amount of euros 500-1000 can be settled on spot upon embarkation by cash only for any 'extras', (very easy to recover cash 24/24, from your bank account, through ATM of Greek banks).
- In order to complete the yacht rental, a charter party needs to be signed between the contracting parties (official document in 5 copies). It is your responsibility to read it carefully. It will be needed: full name, postal address, nationality and Charterer’s ID card copy, as well a copy of a document proving skipper's sailing experience. The amount of yacht fee is shown only on the charter party, otherwise extra charter costs will incur additional taxes.
Chartering periods 2019:
- D (very low) April, October, November. C (low) 28/April - 08/June & 21-28/Sept. B (medium) 08/June -20/July & 24/August -21/Sept. A (high) 20/July -24/August.
Refundable security deposit:
- For all bareboat rentals a guarantee deposit of 1000-3500€ (accordingly the size and model of yacht) is requested upon yacht delivery by credit card or by cash. This deposit will be refunded in total when the boat will be redelivered back in the same condition it was at the departure. For a bareboat skippered yacht, often the deposit is not requested or it is reduced.
Responsibilities - Cancelation - Insurance
Both parties to comply with the terms of the charter-party and of our booking & cancellation policy. Any cancellation by the Charterer after the initial deposit and prior of charter period, must be notified by e-mail or by letter and will be settled as follows:
- Cancellation 91 days or more prior to embarkation: 35-40% withholding of charter price
- Cancellation 90 - 41 days prior to embarkation: 50-60% withholding of charter price.
- Cancellation less than 40 days to embarkation: 100% withholding of charter price.
We will attempt to rebook any last minute cancellations, according to the charter period and availability of our yachts. If the cancelled yacht will be re-rented for the same cancelled period and under same conditions, cancelation fees will be refunded in total, minus -150€ processing & bank fee.
- All suggested vessels are insured against: Third party liability, sea pollution and serious damages to the hull, machinery and equipment. We advise an extra personal travel insurance for the duration of cruise. More info online here: https://www.iskipper.fr/sccm/index.php/espacecontrat/ajouterAuContrat Back on top